Location: South Africa
Closing date: 25 October 2021
Naspers: Bursaries for 2022
Naspers is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. The Naspers Bursary Programme aims to provide funding to young black Africans, who are academically deserving, but lack the financial means to pursue their studies. Funding is available from 1st year, through to Honours level studies.
Fields of study:
Bursaries will be awarded to current and prospective students, for studies within the following fields:
- Business Sciences
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a Black African – Female or Male
- You must be currently in Matric OR you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying towards a qualification in STEM, Commerce or Business Sciences field
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have a total household income of less than R650 000 per annum
Matric students applying for 1st year:
- you must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy) in Grade 11 final results
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Grade 11 final results
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric June exams
1st year students applying for 2nd year:
- you must be studying full-time
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in June exams
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in final results
3rd year students applying for Honours degrees:
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 68% in June/ mid-year results
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 68% in final results
- you must be on track for acceptance
The bursary will provide full funding, for the entire duration of the degree studies.
The following expenses will be covered:
- Tuition fees,
- Prescribed textbooks,
- Living allowance
- 1st year students will also receive a laptop computer.
Students will also have unlimited access to academic and psycho-social support, including: mentorship programme, career guidance and work readiness training, monthly workshops and monthly counselling sessions.
Naspers bursary recipients will be expected to actively support local community or charity organisations and give back where possible – all to create a better future for themselves and their communities.
How to Apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric students: Grade 11 June results, Grade 11 final results, Matric latest results (certified copy)
- 1st/ 2nd year students: Matric certificate, full university academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- 3rd year students: Matric certificate, full university academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Proof of application or registration at university for 2022
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
You will need to Register an Account before you can Login and apply.
Applications must be submitted online at: Naspers Bursary Application 2022
If you are having trouble applying, please visit the Help Center