Company : MSF
Location : Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing date: 27 July 2021
MSF: Philanthropy Research Internship 2021
We are looking for a proactive and analytical individual with a commitment to confidentiality and high ethical standards. The Philanthropy Research Intern will have the ability to synthesize and translate his/her research into practical suggestions/actions to the Philanthropy team fundraising goals.
Include but not limited to:
- Identify and qualify new prospects by researching and analysing individuals, foundations, and corporations for their potential interest in MSF.
- Research and write due diligence reports on new prospects to ensure that new donations are in line with MSF SA’s gift acceptance policy.
- Conduct prospective donor research, including identifying active mid-level donors for potential upgrade through active data mining and ranking.
- Rate donors (lapsed or mid-level) and prospects in terms of inclination and capacity to give.
- Participate in team meetings on prospect review, cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Contribute to and maintain the report tracking system for major donors and prospects including the recording of meetings, outcomes, next steps and follow up strategy.
- Write confidential research profiles on individual, corporate and foundation donors/prospects for meetings and strategic planning,
- Assist with preparation of background briefing notes for staff in preparation for donor/prospect meetings.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in:
- Business Administration,
- Data Sciences
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand basic financial information from a variety of sources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, e-mail and database management
- Demonstrate proficiency in research methodologies
- An understanding and keen interest in philanthropy and the development of African philanthropy space would be an added advantage
- Skilful in drafting and editing research and briefing materials.
- Detail-orientated, deadline-driven and self-directed.
- Team-player with an ability to work under pressure.
- A natural curiosity about people is key, as in an interest in research
- Confidence to show initiative (especially in identifying new sources of information and analysis of that information).
- Tact, diplomacy, sound judgment and demonstrated commitment to professional ethics and safeguarding donor confidentiality at all times.
- A positive mental attitude, persistence and desire to learn.
- Identify with the values upheld by MSF.
How to Apply
NB. If you do not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit msfsa.bamboohr.com.