Company : Mr Price
Location : South Africa
Date listed: 26 March 2021
Mr Price: Trainee Buyer Opportunity 2021
Purpose: Build key knowledge and a full understanding of our entire merchandise process under the direction of the Brand Merchant & the Talent Development Partner that will equip you to develop a category buy.
- Apply learnt knowledge & skills by demonstrating awareness of the factors which could influence the way we perform in current trade, & manage opportunities & risks accordingly, considering the impact of competitors on our business.
- Manage the departments samples in regard to our process from Fits, through to pre-production samples (PPS’s) ensuring an accurate record of each is kept, and stored for future reference. Overseas samples require tagging post trip and storage for use in Strategies, reviews and assortment building processes.
- Learn to create a seasonal strategy in collaboration with planning in order to plan the product assortment, spend allocation, supplier plan and marketing focus for the season, to achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
- earn to prepare and present a well-considered product assortment according to the seasonal strategy.
- Ensure orders are captured on the system in time to ensure our buying critical path process is adhered to.
- Diploma/Degree in: Fashion Design or Clothing Management.
- Knowledge of garment construction, fabrics, fibres & quality.
- Mathematical skills.
- Negotiation & presentation skills.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit mycareer.csod.com.