Company : City of Cape Town
Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Closing date: 01 October 2021
Metro Police and Traffic Learnerships 2021 / 2022
The City of Cape Town invites suitably qualified, unemployed youth aged 18 – 35, who meet the relevant minimum requirements to apply for a learnership in Road Traffic Law Enforcement.
- Grade 12 qualification
- Must be medically and physically fit
- Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No Criminal Record
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Trainees must successfully complete the Further Education and Training Certificate: Road Traffic Law Enforcement as well as Law Enforcement Skills Program SP4/2012
All shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass the following compulsory fitness test
- 2.4 km run (Males 11minutes and Females 13 minutes)
- Push-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Sit-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- be required to pass a written assessment and an interview
- be required to pass a physical assessment
- be required to submit their fingerprints or identity numbers for checking criminal records. No other criminal clearances will be acceptable
- be required to undergo a City medical evaluation
- be required to undergo a compulsory drug test at a City testing venue.
- be required to pass a driver assessment
- candidates will be subject to the code of Conduct of the Metropolitan Police Training Academy, as well as the pass requirements stipulated by the Academy and in line with relevant unit standards.
How to Apply
Your On-line applications must include the submission of:
- A certified copy of your South African Identity Document (no affidavits will be accepted)
- A recently certified copy of matric certificate
To apply on-line, You will need to create an e-Services Account on the City of Cape Town website (Link below)
NB. Applicants may use any computer with internet access to apply. Smart phones are Not compatible with this on-line application process and cannot be used to apply
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed via SMS or telephonically when to report to the identified venue to complete the compulsory tests.
- Shortlisted candidates are advised to bring their own gear, food and refreshments to the testing venue.
- Only applicants with no criminal record and no pending criminal cases, awaiting trial and/or pending sentencing cases will be considered for employment.
- Only applicants, who have undergone a compulsory drug test and are found to be drug free, will be considered for employment.
- There should be no expectation of receiving a job offer by applying for, and subsequently being tested and found competent.
- Canvassing by job applicants or, any other person on behalf of job applicants, for posts within the Council’s Service is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
- If appointed, candidates are required to make themselves available to work as they are rostered, and are not permitted to have other employment or run a private business whilst in the employ of the City without the City Manager’s written permission.
- Random testing for possession and or consumption of drugs / alcohol / illegal substances may be carried out during the course of employment.
To apply for this job please visit eservices.capetown.gov.za.