Company : KwaDukuza Municipality
Location : South Africa
Closing date: 05 March 2021
KwaDukuza Municipality: Student Bursaries 2021
KwaDukuza Municipality wishes to call for applications from potential students residing within KwaDukuza Area of jurisdiction, who intend to further their studies in any of the reputable and recognized public tertiary institution within the Republic of South Africa.
Applicants must be eligible to register for full-time under-graduate studies or should be studying towards a recognized (National Diploma or Degree at an accredited South African public higher education institution to pursue their studies in any field.
To support Governments call for Free education, the KwaDukuza Municipality’s financial assistance will be targeting returning students and open to all fields of studies.
NB. 60% of the available budget will cover students who intend pursuing non-scarce skills required by local government.
40% of the available bursary budget will cover the following scarce skills:
- Built Environment (Architecture, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Town & amp; Regional Planning, Civil engineering, Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) etc.
- Commerce (Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Internal Audit, Accounting, Property Valuation, Risk management, Public Fnance)
- Environmental Management,
- Occupational Health and Safety,
- Library Science,
- Performance Management/ Monitoring & amp;
- Community and Economic Development studies,
- Local government management.
How to Apply
NB. Application forms are available at the KwaDukuza Youth Centre, all libraries within the jurisdiction of KwaDukuza and other municipal offices. The form can also be downloaded on the KwaDukuza municipal website: www.kwadukuza.gov.za
The following must accompany your application:
- Letter of motivation (explain why you believe you are deserving of a bursary).
- An original certified copy of your matric statement of results as well as a certified copy of your endorsed (B/D) Matric certificate (with Matric exemption)
- An original certified copy of your official progress report, indicating marks, symbols, percentages obtained in all examinations written.
- An original certified copy of your identity document.
- Copy of the admission requirements from the academic institution for the intended course of study if you have not already been accepted.
- Copy of the curriculum (indicating the number of years of study, number of modules/subjects to be taken) from the academic institution for the intended course of study.
- Printout from the academic institution of the tuition fees that will be required.
- Income and expenditure statement of parent/legal guardian. (Proof of income must be provided) or a letter from the Department of Labour and an affidavit stating that the parent/s are unemployed.
- Original certified death certificate/s of parent/s, if deceased.
- Letter of recommendation from Operation Sukuma Sakhe War-Room or Social Workers (Optional)
The application should be submitted in a sealed envelope and should be marked “KwaDukuza External Bursary 2021” and be submitted to,
The Municipal Manager: KwaDukuza Municipality,
P.O Box 72,
Hand-delivered to: KwaDukuza Municipilty, Human Resource Offi ce at the OK Mall Building, First fl oor, corner of Hullet and Chief Albert Luthuli Street
Closing date: 05 March 2021
Enquires: Mr. Wiseman Cele – 032 437 5170 email: [email protected]
Visit the KwaDukuza Youth Centre, 41-42 Hullet Street, KwaDukuza 4450 for more information.