Ref. no: 19/19
Remuneration: R100 000.00 per annum
Closing Date: 17 July 2019
Frances Baard District Municipality is a dynamic equal opportunity employer where goals are achieved through teamwork and the pursuit of excellence in service delivery. The municipality has the following vacancy:
VACANCY: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
Two-year employment contract Overview of the programme: The internship programme is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of information technology and the underlying reforms. The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during university training.
- The applicant must be in possession of a MCSE, Comptia A+ and N+. A B.Sc degree in ComputerScience will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be in possession of a Code 08 driver’s license.
Knowledge, skills, training and competencies required:
- A good aptitude for IT Technical support. Good verbal and writing skills.
- Fundamental understanding of Network topology and protocols and troubleshooting skills for Hardware, Software and Network peripherals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Applying guidelines in respect of troubleshooting and installation of new software and/or hardware. Setting up, installing and testing new units, seeking approval and correcting deviations prior to handover.
- Checking and communicating functionality in the live environment to internal technical support personnel.
- Applying instructions and guidelines to support end-users with queries on the capability of application software, peripheral devices, connectivity and/ or functionality of operating software and hardware devices.
- Providing guidance to new users with start-up /log-on procedures and/or sequences, tools and capabilities of associated packages Updating asset details of computer equipment and accessories located within the organization.
- Appointments will be made according to the municipality’s employment equity policy and affirmativeaction practices.
- The completion of application forms is mandatory and must be accompanied by detailed and comprehensive curriculum vitae and is to be accompanied by certified copies of ID and qualifications.
How To Apply
Applications should be forwarded to the following postal address:
THE MUNICIPAL MANAGER,FRANCES BAARD DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY, PRIVATE BAG X6088, KIMBERLEY 8300
Hand delivered to:
51 DRAKENSBERG AVENUE, CARTERS GLEN, KIMBERLEY.
Application forms are available from the municipal office and/or may be downloaded from the municipal website; www.francesbaard.gov.za. Enquiries can be directed to: Mrs. Pulane Matsitse/Ms. Lesedi Thomas,
Tel: 053-838 0912/911.