Company: Department of Sport, Arts and Culture
Location: South Africa
Closing date: 30 March 2021
Department of Sport, Arts and Culture: Bursary for 2021
The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture invites applications for bursaries from universities for students who wish to pursue studies in heritage related programmes.
- South African citizenship
- Outstanding / satisfactory academic performance (academic progress report if already at an institution)
- Field of study (heritage related)
- Financially needy
Fields of study
- Anthropology (including forensic anthropology)
- Archaeology (marine, forensic, etc.)
- Archives and records management
- Conservation of the built environment
- Conservation and preventive conservation
- Collections (cultural & natural) management
- Heritage resources management
- Information Science (specialise in records management)
- Museum management and curatorship
- Art History and Fine Arts
- Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of Indigenous Knowledge Systems and S.A.
- Living Heritage
Value Of The Bursary
- Study fees: The total amount of study fees will be covered.
- Books: The total amount of prescribed books will be covered.
- Accommodation: R 50 000 maximum amount (NB where applicable)
- Meals :R 18 500 maximum amount( NB where applicable)
- NB: Funds are payable directly to the higher institution of learning
How to Apply
Interested institutions are requested to submit their proposals, by no later than 30 March 2021 to Ms Reinette Stander, Deputy Director: International Conventions and Legislation, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture, email: [email protected]; or to Mr Maano Muhadi, Deputy Director: Heritage
To apply for this job please visit dsac.gov.za.