Department of Public Works and Infrastructure – Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date 3rd June 2022
Table of Contents
- The Department of Public Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- The intention is to promote representativity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts and with persons whose appointment will promote representativity, will receive preference.
- An indication by candidates in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications.
- If no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups can be recruited, candidates from the represented groups will be considered.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Senior certificate/Grade 12 with relevant working experience in central Registry
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of Operation of machinery and tools.
- Departments procurement processes and the Occupational health and safety Act.
- Knowledge of records/ documents and invoice management.
- Operation of heavy-duty photocopying machine.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Communication (verbal and written) Skills.
- Customer care and Client orientation skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Liaison skills, Interpersonal Skills.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Operation of heavy-duty photocopying machine.
- Safety conscious, hardworking, trustworthy, punctuality, accuracy.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of management support service with regards to document request of heavy-duty bulk photocopying and binding, shredding and laminating documents as requested.
- Ensure that all documents have been neatly bonded, stampled accordingly.
- Provide bulk shredding and messenger services.
- Perform any other administrative tasks as per instruction of the supervisor.
- Kindly take note that with effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
- The Z83 form must be signed when submitted.
- To streamline the recruitment process to be more responsive to the public, as well as to create more protective measures during the pandemic by avoiding over-crowding and curb the costs incurred by applicants such measures should include the following regarding certification: Advertisement and accompanying notes must clearly capture the requirements for the certification to reflect that applicants must submit application with the following attachment (1) copies of qualifications, (2) identity document and (3) driver’s licence (where applicable) and any other relevant documents, such copies need not be certified when applying for the post.
- The communication from the HR of the department regarding requirements of certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Therefore only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
- The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the sectional “additional information” that candidates who are selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make final decision.
- It must be borne in mind that when a document is certified as a true copy of an original, the certifier only confirms it being a true copy of the original presented.
- Therefore, the certification process does not provide validation of the authenticity of the original document. The validation occurs when the documents is verified for authenticity.
- Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure that he or she is fully satisfied of the claims being made and these read with Regulations (57) (c) which requires the finalisation of Personnel Suitability Checks in order to verify claims and check the candidate for purpose of being fit and proper for employment. Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA.
- Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates.
- Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance.
- Faxed or late applications will NOT be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next 3 months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- R124 434 per annum
- N Ntunja Tel No: (021) 402 2095
Download Full Vacancy
- Post to: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000.
- Hand Deliver at: Ground floor, Customs House, Lower Heerengracht Street, Cape Town. Register the application in the book.
- For attention: Ms. C Rossouw