Company : CSIR
Location : Pretoria, South Africa
Closing date: 18 February 2021
The CSIR has three Internship opportunities in the Bio-technology Process Development Research Group Technologies, within the Chemicals Cluster.
The purpose of these Internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience through research and development of competitive technologies and innovative products under the guidance of researchers and engineers within cross-functional teams.
- Analyse and interpret experimental results;
- Prepare technical reports;
- Operate bioreactor preparation (10L to 1000L), monitoring and sampling;
- Contribute to the planning of experiments and execute planned experiments;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of standard operating procedures;
- Contribute and assist with laboratory inventory management;
- Take responsibility and custodianship of the laboratory;
- Prepare chemical and biological agents;
- Conduct routine general microbiology including enumeration of cells and streak/spread plating;
A Bachelor’s degree in:
- or Chemical engineering;
Cometencies / Skills:
- Self-motivated and a team player;
- Analytical, methodical, innovative and results driven;
- Willingness to learn and work under pressure;
- Pro-active and focused;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to prioritise and have a good sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Package;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit candidate.csir.co.za.