Company : City of Johannesburg
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing date: 01 September 2022
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Governance Department has the following Chartered Accountant Training Programme opportunity available for a period of three (3) years.
The trainee will be developed to be able to use integrated thinking to interpret, analyse and evaluate financial and non-financial information. This will assist Trainees to influence others and support impactful decision making, thereby contributing meaningfully to the City, economy and the society.
During the period of training, Trainees will be developed to become leaders who behave ethically and create sustainable value for a wide range of stakeholders within the City. They will be rotated across different departments and Municipal entities to obtain a wide range of skills and competencies as required by SAICA
- Accounting and external reporting;
- Auditing and Assurance;
- Risk Management and Governance;
- Financial management;
- Management and Decision making;
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) plus a Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA) from a SAICA accredited University;
- 0 – 1 years’ experience;
- Preference will be given to Johannesburg residents.
- Qualify to write the ITC examination.
Skills and Competencies:
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Strong computer skills;
- Planning and organising capabilities;
- Collaboration and communication (verbal, visual, and written);
- Project management capabilities;
- Time management and multi-tasking;
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Finance Management;
- Business Acumen.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit share.hsforms.com.