Company : Cape Biologix Technologies
Location : Ndabeni, Cape Town, South Africa
Job Type : Full-Time
Date listed: 02 April 2021
Cape Biologix: Bacteria Internship Programme 2021
As an Intern you will get the opportunity to dive right into an exciting growth phase of one of South Africa’s most promising BioTech startups. You may be an Intern, but your contribution to the team’s success will be significant. You will support the Production team in our efforts to temporarily increase our capacity to meet worldwide demand for our portfolio of COV-19 proteins. You will be exposed to our innovative plant-based platform as well as learn from our seasoned team of kind but professional production professionals.
- Conduct growth curves of all bacterial cultures used in production.
- Provide written protocols and reports with conclusions, implications, and recommendations.
- Determine the best harvest point of grown bacterial cultures, (whether it is OD dependent or time dependent).
- Optimise infiltration dilutions and process parameters.
- Conduct stability tests for ready-to-use glycerol stocks and seed stocks.
- Develop and optimise large-scale (13 L) fermentation process for each clone. Assist in infiltration preparations.
- Provide written Process Flows, Batch Books and Reagent Preparation Sheets for upstream production processes.
- Conduct routine upstream microbiological procedures (CFU counts, streak plates, pipetting, serial dilutions).
- Assist Lab Technicians and Senior Scientists when required.
- At least an MSC in Microbiology/Chemistry/Biochemistry, but preferably PhDs.
- Experience in fermentation or large-scale cell culture cultivation.
- Experience in bacterial growth optimisation preparation of Master and Working Seed Banks.
- Good scientific writer that has a passion for communicating science in a simple understandable way.
- Own transport as you may be required to work shifts or after hours.
- Detail Orientation
- Analysis/Problem Solving
- Self Confidence/Resilience
- Excellent English competency, specifically writing.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.careers-page.com.