Table of Contents
General Worker/Tyre Fitter
Bridgestone South Africa – Vredenburg, Western Cape
Full-Time | General Work
Closing date ayichazwanga
- We are looking for a General Worker // Tyre Fitter reporting directly to the Branch Manager.
- This role is based in Vredenburg.
- National Senior Certificate
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Basic English literacy
- Team player
Tyre fitting and removal:
- Correctly lift motor vehicle
- Utilise correct tools for the job
- Correctly fit tyres to rim
- Fit wheels on to motor vehicles correctly
- Match dual wheels correctly
- Report any defects to the Site Supervisor e.g. studs, washers, and wheel nuts
- Inflate tyres according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Apply safety standards
- Brand tyres
- Clean and paint rims before fitting tyres
- Torque wheel nuts to manufactures specifications
- Appropriate and timely communication with relevant parties
- Undertakes pressure and torque checks
- Advise Site Supervisor on appropriate action, who subsequently assists the customers
- Receive customers in a friendly manner and with a smile
- Always clean and presentable
Housekeeping and Asset Management:
- Handles tools with care and correctly
- Ensures work area and yard are always clean
- Ensures machines & tools are always clean, and stored correctly and safely
- Ensures dressing rooms are always presentable and neat
- Responsible for ensuring company property is not damaged
Health and Safety:
- Adheres to Health & Safety standards in the workplace and does not endanger other parties.
- Complies with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Ensure Personal Safety Equipment and facilities provided by the company are in good and clean condition.
- Correctly complete tyre change slips for wheel changes and hands them in timely
- Prepares survey reports correctly and hands them in timely
- Clocks in and out at correct times as per shift by correctly signing the time register
- Undertake all reasonable requests and instructions, given verbally or in writing that falls within the parameters of own line of duty.
- If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!
- All applications will be reviewed.
- Our HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- You can learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on https://bridgestone-emia.com/
To apply for this job please visit careers.bridgestone-emea.com.