BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY STUDENT BURSARY OPPORTUNITIES 2021
Bergrivier Municipality is committed to skills development opportunities for the broader community of the Bergrivier municipal area.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Reside in the Bergrivier Municipal area
- Are between the age of 18 and 35 (preference given but other ages not excluded)
- Are South African citizens with a valid South African ID number
- Comply with the entry requirements set by the institution of their choice and have proof of registration or acceptance to said institution.
- Students with parents or legal guardians earning a combined monthly income of less than the GAP housing threshold will receive preference.
- Bursaries will only be awarded to students studying at accredited South African academic institutions
- Bursary assistance will only be awarded for applicants who are studying towards the achievement of their first degree or national diploma.
- Bursaries will be paid directly to the relevant academic institution.
- Bursaries may only be used to cover study fees.
Study fees could include the following:
- Registration Fees
- Class Fees
- Examination Fees
- Books and study material
- Accommodation Fees
HOW TO APPLY
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION:
- Prescribed bursary application form available on the municipal website (www.bergmun.org.za) or at the Human Resource Services Department Piketberg
- Student’s academic record, Grade 12 or latest tertiary results
- Certified copy of South African identity document
- Proof of permanent residential address (copy of municipal account)
- Parent or Guardian’s Identity documents
- Proof of monthly household income (salary or pension slips if applicable, affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of university acceptance/registration
- Proof of study fees payable and all fees must be fully specified and defined (statements, accounts or invoice)
- Declaration that an applicant is not receiving a full bursary and declaring all other assistance from another institution
Full applications should be submitted by hand at the various municipal offices (Piketberg, Porterville, Velddrif, Eendekuil, Aurora, Redelinghuys) for attention Mr. JWA Kotzee (Director: Corporate Services), to reach him not later than the closing date.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr D Baumeester at tel. no. 022 913 6055 or [email protected] NO FAX OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: Friday 13 November 2020 AT 15:30
To apply for this job please visit www.careersportal.co.za.