- The Amahlathi Municipality, encompassing towns of Stutterheim, Cathcart, Keiskammahoek, Kei Road and a number of surrounding rural areas, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position as detailed below.
- Contract position for a period not exceeding 2 years
- National Diploma or Degree in Accounting or equivalent with at least a final major in Financial
- Management, Management Accounting, Local Government Finance, Financial Accounting and Financial Information Systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have Financial Information Systems as a major.
Skills & Competencies
- Good oral and communication skills.
- Be computer literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Assist in implementing Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GRAP) and various budget and financial reporting reforms.
- Assist in general financial management responsibilities.
- Assist with reconciliations and financial analysis.
- Assist in development of financial reports as per MFMA which include statistical analysis
- Be placed in various sections within the department.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Department.
- Interested persons should fill the application forms that are available at the Amahlathi Offices and website www.amahlathi.gov.za
- The covering letter and the detailed CV’s must be attached to the application forms together with certified copies of relevant certificates including ID, Drivers licence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within 30 days after the closing date.
- You may regard your application as unsuccessful.
- It must be noted that Amahlathi Local Municipality reserves the right that appoint in this position.
- Amahlathi Local Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and thus in terms of its approved employment equity plan, person from the previously disadvantage groups will be given preference.
- Further enquiries regarding the position are available from the Human Resources Department on 043 -4921261/1268 during office hours.
- Contact person Mrs Bangisa Mbelwana or Ms Thandie Ndlamhlaba with whom applications and CV’s must be lodged.
- It will be required of the successful applicant to follow an internship training programme commit him/herself to full participation in the educational and workplace assignments.
- To implement the programme fully Interns are required to work in different sections within the department.
- An all-inclusive package of R80 000 per annum and no benefits or allowance will be payable.
- 26 February 2021 at 15h30
Download Full Vacancy
- Hand deliver at: Amahlathi Local Municipality, Corporate Services Department, 14 Long Street, Stutterheim
- Post to: applications to P/ Bag X 4002 STUTTERHEIM 4930
To apply for this job please visit www.amahlathi.gov.za.