Youth Employment Service (YES) – Consumer, Western Cape
Application closing date: 14 April 2022 at 16:30
- Melkbosstrand or Atlantis
- Mitchells Plain
Nedbank Total Business Banking and Retail – Consumer Channel
Youth Employment Service (YES) – Consumer Channel, Free State
One-year fixed-term contract
The Youth Employment Service (YES) initiative is aimed at helping our youth get much-needed work experience. As a leading participant in this initiative, Nedbank recognises our youth’s crucial role in shaping the economy and the country. Six million young South Africans are currently unemployed and cannot contribute to our economy, build incomes, or invest.
Now is the time for each of us to say, ‘Thuma mina‘ – ‘Send me’.
To do our part, we are looking for individuals with a can-do attitude, who are hardworking and enthusiastic to join our initiative. We will give preference to applicants with no work experience and those who have not worked in the 12 months leading up to the application date.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet these and the other requirements below.
What you’ll do
If your application is successful, you will have the opportunity to fulfil a range of roles across Consumer Channel in Nedbank, including delighting existing and potential clients by providing an amazing client service experience, giving them a reason to make Nedbank their bank of choice for all their banking needs.
You will need to:
- have a positive attitude in supporting and driving the Nedbank values (integrity, respect, accountability, people-centred and client-driven);
- help the team to perform duties effectively;
- improve your own abilities and stay up to date with developments in the area you are assigned to through input and feedback from management and other colleagues; and
- help manage knowledge and ensure continuity and team success by participating, contributing and sharing knowledge with the team.
- be 18 to 29 years old;
- be passionate about frontline client service or sales; and
- have a clear criminal and credit record.
- Matric (Grade 12) National Senior Certificate with Mathematics as a subject.
Preferred qualification or competency assessment
A successfully completed:
- NQF Level 4 or Level 5 qualification in banking or a financial field; or
- a Regulatory Examination 1.
Technical or professional skills
- You can speak and write in English reasonably well.
- You have basic computer knowledge.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nedbank.co.za.