Automation Technician (EE): Matric / N2 Apprenticeship
The Coega Development Corporation (CDC) is looking for an Apprentice Automation Technician on behalf of Harius. This is a contract position in the Electrical construction, instrumentation and associated engineering Industry.
What is an Apprenticeship?
It is a programme in which training is offered. An apprentice enters into a contract 3 year contract with a company to learn the skills of a trade and undertakes practical training for the trade according to a prescribed training schedule as well as theoretical study. Workplace experience is obtained under the supervision of a mentor and a trade test is done after the prescribed time.
Benefits: Stipend, standby, cellphone, shift allowance, Leave, etc.
Minimum Required Qualification
- Matric with Mathematics and Science
- N2 Electronics/ Instrumentation / Automation / Electrical Certificate from Technical Collage
- Electrical/electronic/digital systems background advantageous
- Good verbal, written communication, computer literacy skills, time management, attention to details.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Learn and Support Automation technician with all PLC automation and HMI/SCADA integration
- Support the maintenance of all electrical machinery and instrumentation
- Support automation technician with all automation projects and general technical support functions
- Assist with development, maintenance and improvement of PLC and HMI programs as per Process, Production and Operational requirements.
- Assist with scheduling all automation-related checks, preventive maintenance, regular calibrations and installations as per standards and requirements.
- Support utility management to ensure optimum plant availability.
- Assist with instrumentation and electrical equipment repairs/maintenance.
- Assist with management of automation parts procurement and utilization of critical and non-critical spares, tools and consumables.
- Attend to automation, instrumentation breakdowns and planned maintenance.
- Assist with installation, configuration and commissioning of new equipment.
How to apply
Closing Date: 18 July 2014