Automation Technician Apprenticeship 2015 at Coega
Closing Date: 30 January 2015
The Coega Development Corporation has a Apprenticeship Automation Technician position available. This is a contract position in the Electrical construction, instrumentation and associated engineering Industry.
Benefits: Stipend, standby, cellphone, shift allowance, Leave, etc.
Minimum Required Qualification
- Matric with Mathematics and Science
- N2 Electronics/ Instrumentation / Automation / Electrical Certificate from Technical Collage
- Electrical/electronic/digital systems background advantageous
- Good verbal, written communication, computer literacy skills, time management, attention to details.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Learn and Support Automation technician with all PLC automation and HMI/SCADA integration
- Support the maintenance of all electrical machinery and instrumentation
- Support automation technician with all automation projects and general technical support functions
- Assist with development, maintenance and improvement of PLC and HMI programs as per Process, Production and Operational requirements.
- Assist with scheduling all automation-related checks, preventive maintenance, regular calibrations and installations as per standards and requirements.
- Support utility management to ensure optimum plant availability.
- Assist with instrumentation and electrical equipment repairs/maintenance.
- Assist with management of automation parts procurement and utilization of critical and non-critical spares, tools and consumables.
- Attend to automation, instrumentation breakdowns and planned maintenance.
- Assist with installation, configuration and commissioning of new equipment.
How to apply
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date of the application, consider your application as being unsuccessful. Communication will be entered into with short-listed candidates only. This is a re-advertisement; if you have applied before do not reapply.
Enquiries: HR Dept. (Tel: 041 404 2846)