Applications for Sasol Bursary 2018 intake now open
Applications for the Sasol Bursary Scheme are now open for the 2016 intake. Hard working and innovative thinkers enrolled in Grade 12 this year are invited to apply from the 12 January 2015.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2015.
Committed to increasing South Africa’s critical skills base, Sasol runs one of the largest bursary schemes in Southern Africa. Its primary focus is to develop the country’s skills pool in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM)
The Sasol bursary is a comprehensive bursary which includes the following:
- 100% of the prescribed university tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees.
- An amount equal to the average rate for accommodation in a single room at a university hostel at the university at which the Sasol bursar is studying. This rate is determined by sasol in conjunction with the university.
- An amount for meals based on three meals per day, as determined by the university.
- An amount of approximately R10 000,00 per annum, towards book and pocket money.
- Prescribed tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees are paid directly to the university.
- Students will be required to pay for any repeat subjects.
- Monies for accommodation are paid directly to the university if the student is staying in university-administered accommodation.
- In cases where the student elects to stay in non-university administered accommodation, monies in lieu of accommodation and meals will be paid directly to the individual. In such instances, the amounts will be limited to that prescribed in points 2 and 3 above.
- Book and pocket money will be paid directly to the individual.
- Payments in respect of the above are made twice a year. The first payment is made at the beginning of the first semester, and the second payment is made at the beginning of the second semester.
- Full details of the payment process and the requirements which must be met are communicated to successful applicants once a bursary has been awarded.
- Successful applicants will be bound contractually to work at Sasol after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary.
Fields of study
The Sasol Bursary Scheme offers bursaries on the basis of a service-binding contract after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary. Applications may be submitted for one of the following fields of study:
|B Eng or BSc Engineering
||Chemistry (Masters compulsory)
||Accounting/ BBscience CA Stream (CTA, PGDA compulsory)
||Geology (Hons compulsory)
||Metallurgy (Hons compulsory)
- No bursaries are awarded for fields of study not listed above.
- Bursaries are not always awarded in each field of study every year.
- Applicants should submit an application based on a real interest in the field.
- Applicant should be a South African Resident.
How to apply
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.
* Click here to sign up for email updates.
* Click here to JOIN our Facebook Group for regular updates.
* Click here to LIKE our Facebook page for regular updates.
* Click here to FOLLOW us on Twitter for the latest updates.
* Click here to FOLLOW us on Google+ for the latest updates.
Applications for the Sasol bursary scheme will be accepted until 31 March 2015.
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates