Grade 12: Data Collectors at The Human Sciences Research Council (x82)
Closing Date: 19 November 2014
The Human Sciences Research Council is looking for Data Collectors (x82), as part of the HAST Programme. These positions have become available and they wish to fill them as soon as possible.
Post Title : Data Collectors, Supervisors, DBS Collectors, Packers
The duration of the contract is 3 Months.
To be located in Eastern Cape (22), Gauteng (19), Kwa-Zulu Natal (28), Mpumalanga (11) & Northern Cape (3)
The HIV, AIDS, STIs and TB (HAST) programme within the HSRC employs a multi-disciplinary group of social scientists and public health specialists who conduct numerous empirical and policy-related studies each year, three-quarters of which are donor-funded.
- Ensure that one attends training sessions in full;
- Ensure full understanding of the HSRC and project processes;
- Working within a team, ensure that all data collection tools are in place before setting off to the field;
- Collect data in accordance to protocol using tablets;
- Apply consent form before collecting data but after giving potential participant information about the project;
- Hand over to the supervisor all items and data at required intervals;
- Report directly to the supervisor and only escalate matters to the Project Manager if this fails;
- Ensure quality work by following processes, procedures and steps outlined in the Manual and on which one had been trained.
- Record expenses, claims and any other that will need to be paid out by HSRC for future reference.
- The applicant should be in possession of at least Grade 12
- Above average ability to read, write and understand English
- Competence is speaking at least one other South African language
- Available from Monday to Friday during working hours over a period of 3 – 4 months;
- Willingness to travel long distances, within and outside of one’s province
- Willingness to work in a team
- Be committed and apply self-discipline to completing one’s task as required
- Those who have worked in research (HSRC or elsewhere) are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Applications: In your application, please include a letter of motivation; your CV; and the names of three contactable referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details). Please indicate the position you are applying for. The HSRC will only consider applications that comply with the above requirements.
Please submit your application to:
Supply Chain Management: Mandisa Mamotsau, Tel 012 302 2430 or
hand deliver it to the HSRC Building, 134 Pretorius Street, Pretoria or
fax 012 349 8917 .
For further enquiries, please contact: Alicia Davids on (041 466 7954) or Sue Samuels on 012 302 2624
The HSRC is committed to accelerating the improvement in the proportion of its senior managers and research and administrative staff who are black, female or disabled.We encourage applicants to submit prior to this date. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks should assume that their applications have been unsuccessful.
APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates